Manually prompt Gdrive authentication step

Hi, I’m using DVC with my team and we’re using google drive as our storage solution. By following the tutorial, the google account authentication step appears when I attempt to do my first dvc push, which is ok. Now my teammates new to link their accounts too in order to access the gdrive folder (shared between all of us) but we don’t know how to prompt the authenctication step wihout having them pushing something, all they will do in this repo is pull data.

2 Likes

Hi @TheYisus96 . When your teammates run dvc pull they should see the prompt. Does it happen? Or do you see some error? Could please share what do they see, and if there is an error run it with -v to share the log (make sure there is no private info in the log).

This would be a useful feature. I messed up the setup by only permitting one of the permissions, and can’t see any clear way of redoing and fixing the permissions.

To trigger the auth without pushing/pulling, one can run dvc status -c.

To find and remove broken credentials to be able to reauth. Find and remove:

$CACHE_HOME/pydrive2fs/{gdrive_client_id}/default.json (unless profile is specified), where the CACHE_HOME location per platform is:

macOS Linux (*typical) Windows
~/Library/Caches ~/.cache %CSIDL_LOCAL_APPDATA%

Location of this file can be customized with gdrive_user_credentials_file: remote modify